Thursday, July 5, 2012

"Thresholds" and status report :)

I think I've hit the unluck and the fish threshold. That is:

The "unluck threshold": The day before yesterday I was playing a tourney 22$ freezeout 5K gtd. Relatively long into the tourney I had the start stack and looked at the aces. 3 other guys had +2 Big blind raised so I set them allin to avoid too much competition. Then one guy called with QQ. We did a split as there was straight on the table :| ... A little later I had the chance to beat a fish I'd located as I went allin on him with AJ, he called with AT and hit a straight. So there I lost my 2/3 chance once again :( .. and went out of that tournament ;(

The same day I was playing another tournament - 11 rebuy at betsafe. We had been playing for quite some time as big blind was 400 and I had made a 2x Big blind raise from late position with AQ. Two fish call and the flop is 47Q. I think I raised a little above ½ the pot. Then the two ther guys were allin. What?! I noticed they where playing fishy/inexperienced so I thought I had a decent chance here and called. Well fish1 had an outside straight draw and fish2 had called with Q7s. And then I went out here as well :(

The only way to beat the fish is to have more focus on each game to be sure about their skills or lack of same. I have to tweak some parameters nevertheless to improve somehow if possible. Otherwise patience is the only means. Currently I'm taking a couple of days of poker as I'm visting the ol' folks :)

I've a little below even-Steven since last, but a manage :)

A last status is that I've started up at Danske Spil poker to go bonus harvesting since partypoker didn't allow access since my Java update. They suggested I downgraded my Java version... Not really smart when betsafe which I'm also playing at requires the newest version! Another incentive to go play at another site... I guess they don't like my $ at party poker?

Vheerio folks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment